Purpose: The Advocate provides direct assistance to victims and survivors of domestic violence from initial contact to self-sufficiency. The Advocate has a strong focus on providing intervention, prevention, and support services for adults who have experienced violence within intimate relationships. The Advocate is also involved in community education general office/clerical activities, and other efforts to maintain and develop program services.
The Advocate is a member of a direct service team who works out of the main Fayette Cares office but will occasionally be required to perform duties at remote locations in Fayette and neighboring counties. Some on-call, weekend, and evening work, as well as overnight travel will be required. This is a full time, Exempt position with vacation, sick, holiday, and retirement plan benefits.
Salary Range: $40,000
Position Availability: Immediately
Qualifications and Desired Skills:
· Must support the mission, values, and ethics of Fayette Cares.
· Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Behavioral Science, or related field; another combination of education/experience will be considered.
· Minimum of two years of experience working with homeless families, and/or victims/survivors of domestic violence preferred.
· Possess excellent administrative and human resources skills including: computer expertise, written and oral communication skills, time management skills, self-confidence, initiative, flexibility, and high degree of professionalism.
· Must be a team player, demonstrate motivation, exercise discretion and dependability, adhere to business profession code of ethics, require very little supervision once trained, and function well under stressful conditions.
· Demonstrated computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Internet, email, and databases.
· Demonstrated team building, problem solving, creative/analytical thinking and organization skills.
· Demonstrated ability to gather and disseminate information.
· Must be able to maintain program/client/agency confidentiality, and treat each individual with dignity and respect.
· Ability interact with diverse populations in a positive, patient, sensitive and non-judgmental manner.
· Ability to juggle multiple priorities
Bilingual (Spanish) a plus