Host Jeremy C. Park talks with Courtney Barlar, Chief Development Officer for United Way of Greater Nashville, who highlights their 100 year anniversary and efforts to unite the community and mobilize resources so that every child, individual and family thrives. During the interview, Courtney shares how they are able to work with corporations and nonprofits, along with government and education entities to serve at the intersection and create positive change. She shares some of her personal favorite stories of impact and talks about how her team was able to pivot quickly and play an important role in the COVID relief efforts. She then wraps up with a spotlight on The Patricia Hart Society’s Heart to Hart Luncheon being held on March 8, 2022 in Franklin, Tennessee. The event will raise funds to benefit The Imagination Library of Middle Tennessee and Raise Your Hand, which are two programs focused on increasing literacy.
- Our community is facing a literacy crisis. In Williamson County, 32% of students are not on track with their grade level. In Davidson County, we know that only 28% of students are reading on grade level, by the 3rd This is an issue that should concern our entire community.
- Programs to support these students, starting at birth, are critical to address this problem. That’s why the work of Imagination Library and Raise Your Hand is so important. I can provide more detail on each ahead or just have it ready to speak to in the interview.
- The good news is, that there is a way to help! By supporting our upcoming luncheon, you are helping to further the work of these programs. There are a few ways:
- Attend the event on March 8 in Franklin
- If you can’t attend, you can still bid through our silent auction
- Support these programs! A gift of $60 provides a child with books from birth to age 5 – which is an amazing impact
Webpage for event: https://event.auctria.com/11d4460e-b3ca-4f3a-a349-2b5fa456f450/