Host Jeremy C. Park talks with Paula Anderson, Founder or Writing by Design Media, Inc., who shares some of her story as an entrepreneur in launching the company that produces quarterly magazines, “Emerging and Enterprising Entrepreneurs” (E3 Magazine) and “Memphis Small Business Quarterly,” along with the online series, “Candid Conversations with Entrepreneurs.” During the interview, Paula talks about some of the trends in the journalism industry, plans for 2022, and some Multimedia Journalism Internship opportunities for Spring 2022.
- Multimedia Journalism Internships for Spring 2022
- An internship is an opportunity to apply classroom learning and theory with practical application.
- Over the last three years, Writing by Design Media and now Writing by Design Media, Inc.,a public benefit organization, has worked with student interns to write news content, press releases and create social media and digital content.
- Writing by Design Media Inc. launched a multimedia journalism internship program for students at two-year and four-year colleges and universities. We are offering paid internships in 2022 for students who want to learn about magazine production, photography, and videography.
- Students will have an opportunity to work on the magazine production for our quarterly magazines – Emerging and Enterprising Entrepreneurs, Memphis Small Business Quarterly, and Candid Conversations with Entrepreneurs (digital content).
- Internship opportunities can be remote for students outside of Memphis, Tenn. Students need to provide writing samples, a portfolio and be enrolled in a college and university.