Host Jeremy C. Park talks with Jeanine Garner, Executive Director of the nonprofit, Mother to Mother, based in Nashville, Tennessee. During the interview Garner, discusses the history of the organization and how their efforts and impact has grown over the years, how they provide essential health and safety items for babies and children to mothers and families through more than 90 partner agencies, their Rural Outreach programs, and how the pandemic has changed who they serve. Garner also highlights how the community can help, like with diaper drives, financial contributions, volunteering in their website, and more.
- Mission of MTM – provide essential health and safety items to low income babies and children in TN
- 3 main initiatives are: diapers, car seats and pack n plays – although we provide all things baby and children: formulas baby wipes/hygiene, clothing, strollers, books, etc.
- We work with over 90 partner agencies in Middle TN to distribute health and safety items.
- We began our Rural Outreach program 3 years ago to serve those in rural counties in TN
- Help is needed now more than ever. The need for our services is has tripled. We can not keep up with the demand.
- Community can help in a number of ways: volunteering in our warehouse, holding a diaper or gear drive, financial contributions