Host Jeremy C. Park talks with Kari Moore, Executive Director, and Eva Nicol, Center Operations and Programs Manager, with USO Fort Campbell and USO Nashville, who both highlight how the USO strengthens American military service members by keeping them connected to family, home and country throughout their service to our nation. During the interview, Moore and Nicol provide some history for the organization, talk about local efforts and programs, and many ways the community can help and be “a force behind the Forces.”
- The USO strengthens American’s military Service Members by keeping them connected to family, home, and country throughout their service to the nation.
- When we break down the mission, the USO connects troops to the people, places, and things that they love.
There are so many ways for people to support the military through the USO! Current opportunities include:
- Volunteering in the center (www.volunteers.uso.org)
- Registering in the USO Trot for Troops Thanksgiving virtual 5K later this month (https://www.goneforarun.com/virtual-race-uso-trot-for-the-troops-2020-2/uso)
- Buying holiday supplies from one of the Amazon wish lists (there is a separate list for USO Fort Campbell’s Great Gift Giveaway and one for the USO Nashville airport programs over the holidays)
- USO Nashville holiday programming: https://a.co/fJIcNoK
- USO Fort Campbell Great Gift Giveaway: https://a.co/hlA71ws
- Drive Through 4th of July Carnival, Warrior Summer, and the grab and go programming.
Website: https://fortcampbell.uso.org/ https://fortcampbell.uso.org/nashville