Ron Alley, CEO and Founder of Carpe Artista (Seize the Artist), who talks about their mission to create positive culture globally by developing local arts communities and creatives. During the interview, Alley highlights their programs around education, like their Academy of the Arts, and their community development efforts, including Carpe Cafe, located in the Historic Depot District of Smyrna, Tennessee. He also shares some success stories, impacts due to the pandemic, and collaborations, like with the Rutherford Arts Alliance.
Carpe Artista Mission statement; Creating positive culture globally by developing local arts communities and creatives
- We do this by teaching, operating and living by our 4 core values; Character, Calling, Craft and Community.
- We do two things: Arts Education and Community Development through the arts. Carpe Artista accomplishes these two things in our community in a lot of programs and initiatives
- Education: Academy of the Arts teaching lessons and classes in multiple arts genre. Extensive Summer Camp programs in the arts, Support and cooperation with School arts programs, partnerships with other student organizations.
- Community Development; Carpe Cafe (Award Winning artists cafe seen on Tennessee Crossroads) in the Historic Depot District.
- Active with Town leadership in revitalization efforts in our Historic Depot District and Lowry Street Revitalization efforts.
- Providing Arts and Cultural events in our community; Depot Farmers Market, Simply Smyrna Celebration, Depot District Arts Fest, Art Crawls, Mid Tenn Film Festival, Round-a-bout Music series, Depot Days, Haunting at 98, Christmas on Front Street. Christmas Market, and more
- Active with Rutherford Arts Alliance for building the arts and creating Arts and Cultural development for the north part of Rutherford County in Smyrna and LaVergne. Working with local Governmental officials to help create Arts and Culture initiatives that will strengthen the north part of our county as the gateway between Nashville and Murfreesboro. The goal is to help bring artistic and economic vitality to the municipalities and the county.
- upcoming events, spotlight for your efforts and current initiatives
- Carpe Academy enrollment initiatives, 50/50/50 enrollment through October 31.
- Steamed Milk – October 9, 7-9:30pm at Carpe Cafe, Join us for a special STEAM Fest event featuring live music and spoken word socially distanced from our Carpe Cafe Front Patio Stage! Located in downtown Smyrna, TN. 115 Front Street, at the roundabout.