Social entrepreneurs are individuals who take on society’s most pressing problems, seeking innovative and sustainable solutions. To do this, social entrepreneurs need understanding and judgment, skills and stamina, and imagination and critical reflection.
Social Entrepreneurship students will participate in service-learning, an internship and an extended capstone project in the senior year. Through these components, the liberal arts and entrepreneurship content is integrated with the experience and service that characterizes the practicing social entrepreneur.
- Distinction between Community Service and Service-Learning
- Description of the Social Entrepreneurship Program
- Gulf-South Summit on Service-Learning and Civic Engagement in Higher Education (Belmont is hosting the Summit March 25-27, 2020.
- Belmont’s 20th Annual Family Literacy Day on Saturday, April 4th, 2020 at E.S. Rose Park
- Impact of Social Entrepreneurship Program to Middle Tennessee Community
Learn more: Office of Service-Learning – http://www.belmont.edu/sl, Social Entrepreneurship Program – http://www.belmont.edu/business/undergraduate/programs/social-entrepreneurship/index.html